Smaller home, larger lifestyle. Meet the new downsizers
26 November 2018
Think downsizing. Now banish from your mind any thoughts of scaling back for a quiet retirement. The new downsizing is less about pensions and more about pursuing your passions in a place to call home that is smarter, smaller and super-stylish.
Yes, you may be looking for somewhere smaller now the kids have left the family home, but settling for a quiet life is not on your agenda. Join the ranks of today’s downsizers looking to live life to the full, to travel, socialise and live well in a hassle-free home that’s within striking distance of the best that city life can offer
Are you a new downsizer? Here are five big reasons why going small could be for you
- Your bucket list isn’t getting any shorter. Move to a smaller, central city home and free up time – and potentially money – to travel, get cultural, and do all those things you’ve just never got around to.
- High-specification, convenient living: downsizing is upgrading. Lendlease’s Elephant Park properties have high-quality interiors which make for easy, comfortable living. At Elephant Park’s West Grove, there is a Club, gym facilities for all residents, private car parking and a 24-hour concierge.
- Empty nest: if your children are now adults, and their former rooms are only needed for the occasional visit, perhaps it’s time to stop cleaning, heating and maintaining vacant spaces. Moving to a newly built home means you won’t need to think about (or fund) any major repairs or renovations.
- Greener living. Reduce your carbon footprint by moving to a more environmentally favourable building.
- Keep your bills down. Moving to a new-buildhome almost always means lower running costs. What will you do with the money you’re saving? Back to that bucket list…
Property prices are at a premium, so it’s vital to make every penny count – particularly if you’re after a city lifestyle. Lendlease’s latest Zone 1 properties offer easy access to everything central London has to offer, with the added benefit of open green spaces on your doorstep. The new park in Elephant and Castle, part of Lendlease’s Elephant Park development, is proving to be a hub for sociable meet-ups and events that have included outdoor Shakespeare, watching Wimbledon and community gardening get-togethers. All happening right on your doorstep.
Lendlease has three developments under way in London, providing more than 3,600 quality new homes with up-sized specifications – if it’s a Zone 1 address you’re coveting, then Elephant Park could be home for you. For a more subuarban option in London then Cambium in Southfields offers 3, 4 and 5-bedroom houses. Deptford Landings is less than a 5 minutes walk from the River Thames, and is located close to the City and Canary Wharf.
West Grove at Elephant Park is located just a few steps from the capital’s largest new park in 70 years, yet it’s just minutes from the buzzing West End. All of the development’s 2 and 3-bedroom apartments benefit from either a private terrace, garden or balcony, and many offer stunning views across the city skyline – proving downsizing doesn’t mean compromising on style.