About Help to Buy
- With Help to Buy you could purchase your new home with just a 5% deposit.
- The Government will then provide you with an equity loan for up to 20% (or 40% in London) of the purchase price – which is interest-free for five years.
- You would then need just a 75% mortgage or 55% mortgage for properties in London
Am I eligible for Help to Buy?
- The scheme is available to first time buyers and existing homeowners
- The property you are purchasing must be newly built, up to a value of £600,000
- You must not own more than one property at a time
- Subletting the new home or part-exchanging your old home is not permitted